In stock, ready to ship within few days!
"IR Flock Sheet", the VL Flock Sheet's twin brother
The near-infrared sensing market has seen a remarkable increase in demand in recent years, including proximity sensors for automated driving and face recognition for smartphones. The IR Flock Sheet was developed as a material to prevent near-infrared reflection and stray light, which is necessary in this development field. By binding carbon atoms into the flocked pile, we succeeded in achieving a high light absorption performance not only in the visible light region, but also in the near infrared region.
※ When viewed by the naked eye, each person's perception towards "blackness" may differ depending on the lighting environment.
The graph above shows the total reflectance values ranging from visible light to the near-infrared range of 2500 nm. Our IR Flock Sheet achieves a total reflectance rate of 0.5% or less in the visible to near-infrared range, which is superior to our Fineshut KIWAMI material.
To take advantage of its excellent near-infrared light absorption property, we propose the following applications:
- Dark curtain material for near-infrared non-reflective darkroom
- Background curtain for near-infrared photography
- Pseudo-infrared calibration of near-infrared sensor
- Masking of unwanted objects in the proximity sensor test environment
- Anti-reflection measures during near-infrared motion capture
Similarly to our VL Flock Sheet, as a drawback of the flocking process, little bits of dust may be generated due to fiber loss, so please be careful when applying it somewhere where cleanliness is a top priority or in internal parts of precision equipment.
Our IR Flock Sheet is a rayon-base fabric that has been electrostatically flocked with a rayon pile. It can be used as a cloth to cover objects, or as a curtain by sewing it into a curtain shape and then hanging it.
- Rayon base fabric / rayon pile
- No adhesive tape
- 0.9mm ± 0.2mm
Note: There is an area of about 20mm on the corners that are non-flocked and has punch holes. This area is excluded from the effective length of the 950mm measurement.
In the case of wrinkles or creases, applying steam from an iron WITHOUT directly touching the material may improve its condition.
If you need longer sizes than 10 meters, please contact us for a discounted price.
For sizes of 95 cm x 100 cm and longer following shipping costs apply for oversize package:
- Germany: 22,90 Euro
- Austria: 12,90 Euro
- Belgium, Czechia, Denmark, Hungary, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Cyprus: 19,90 Euro
- Bulgaria, Croatia, Estonia, Finland, France, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Monaco: 29,90 Euro
- Rest of world: ~34,90 Euro (can be also higher for some locations)