In stock, ready to ship! (more than >10 meter available)
THE WORLD'S BLACKEST ***FIRE RESISTANT*** FABRIC: "Musou Black Fabric FR"
(* passed US, CAN, and EU fire resistant standards, see details under specifications)
VISIBLE LIGHT ABSORPTION RATE: 99.80%
THE ULTIMATE LIGHT-ABSORPTION PERFORMANCE!!!
The following photos were not edited in any way other than cropping. Please note how we increased the exposure time with every photo but the black background remained black while the black parts from the camera as well as all other objects changed the color.
※ When viewed by the naked eye, each person's perception towards "blackness" may differ depending on the lighting environment.
We are very excited to present KoPro's newest product, "Musou Black Fabric FR"! By vertically arranging longer rayon piles with special black dyes and weaving patterns, they have achieved an ideal three-dimensional structure in which stray-reflective light is absorbed between the piles. As a result, it achieves a light absorption rate of 99.80% in the visible light spectrum, making it the blackest product among the products and the World's Blackest fire resistant fabric!
Fire-treated so great for use in theatres or in buildings that require fire-treated materials!
You can use it as a black backdrop for photography because it is easy to achieve an ultra-black background under a wide range of exposure conditions, which enables a dramatic effect that makes the subject stand out. You could also use this product for exhibition purposes and you can create a mysterious visual effect as if the background were cut out.
The possibilities are endless!
During development, to solve the problem of pile-loss caused by the loosening of threads, the base fabric is back-coated with resin. This back-coating does make the fabric stiffer so for those who require a more flexible version, please contact us! We can provide a softer version without the back-coating!
Please note that fabric specializes in visible light and is not suitable for projects involving infrared light. Our IR Flock Sheet is still the best solution for infrared light absorption.
Fire resistant: Passed EU, US and CAN standards
- SOR/2016-194 and Method F01 Flammability of Textile Products
- NFPA 701:2019 Standard Methods of Fire Tests for Flame Propagation of Textiles and Films
- EN 13773:2003 Textiles and Textile Products - Burning Behaviour - Curtains and Drapes - Classification Scheme
- Rayon-base fabric / Rayon pile
- Pressure, abrasion, and water damage will cause a decrease in light- absorption performance.
- Over 10 m rolls will be wrapped around a metal frame to prevent pressure on the piles during shipping.
- Meter-cuts (up to 10m) will be shipped in normal pressure-free rolled conditions. In order to avoid decreased performance from pressure, please store it in a pressure-free condition.
- If a decrease in performance or pile-collapse can be seen, applying steam indirectly and brushing may help restore performance. However, please be careful not to apply too much steam to the point where water droplets are formed as this will cause water damage.
For sizes of 110 cm x 100 cm and longer following shipping costs apply for oversize package:
- Germany: 22,90 Euro
- Austria: 12,90 Euro
- Belgium, Czechia, Denmark, Hungary, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Cyprus: 19,90 Euro
- Bulgaria, Croatia, Estonia, Finland, France, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Monaco: 29,90 Euro
- Rest of world: ~34,90 Euro (can be also higher for some locations)
DISCOUNT FOR ORDERS OF 11 METERS AND LONGER!