Order now, ready to ship in 1 week!
Level: Semi Pro - Pro
Lenses: 8 mm - 400 mm and longer focal length
Cameras: DSLR's, Medium - Big Format
Features: Arca Style Modular Design, Strongest, Repeatable Results, Upgrade paths
Popular Uses: Landscape, Super High Resolution, Gigapixels, Commercial, HDR
Here comes the long awaited Nodal Ninja Modular M2 Giga without lower rotator, the ideal manual pano head for gigapixel high-resolution imaging using telephoto and super telephoto lenses.
Our unique patented and patent pending design allows precise positive stops of 7.5/5/4/3.75/3/2.5/2/1.5 intervals on the upper rotator, which can be engaged and changed on the fly by simply switching 1 or 2 levers.
When paired with our Advanced Rotator D8II (precise click stops at 30, 15, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2.5, 2), it supports up to 700mm equivalent focal length with camera in landscape orientation, or 550mm equivalent in portrait orientation. Due to the precision of the rotators, each photo can have precise coordinates which help stitchers to quickly align the photos just like photos captured by high-end robotic heads. There will be no more stitching issues for a featureless area such as sky or blank wall.
Being a manual panorama tripod head, Nodal Ninja Ultimate M2 Giga is much lighter than a robotic pano head for the same load capacity. There is no battery and charger to carry and no worry of the battery running out during a shooting. Due to the intuitive design, M2 Giga can excel a robotic head in terms of speed of capture when a number of photos are less than 600. The rotator indexing can be turned off for free motion, allowing photographers to capture moving elements such as in a sports panorama, or to capture second shots for an area prone to stitching error by change the overlapping region.
Nodal Ninja Ultimate M2 Giga will be available as a pre-assembled unit. An addon is also available for prior M2 owners.
Other important features:
Nodal Ninja Ultimate Modular System is based on Arca Swiss compatible system, the industry standard for high-end photographic support. The M2 is a design with many years of refinement, integrating years of feature wishes from customers. It fills the gap of Nodal Ninja product line for photographers making high-resolution panos or mosaics with super telephoto lenses. Furthermore, it can act as a gimbal arm for smooth rotation of heavy telephoto lenses at its center of gravity.
Features and Highlights:
- Modular design means an easy to upgrade from the previous model and to future models.
- Easily support long telephoto lens up to 3kg (6.6 lb) in weight.
- Full bearing loaded rotators for smooth and steady rotation.
- Upper rotator with adjustable friction to serve as a gimbal arm.
- Upper rotator with laser marked index ring with fine 2.5 intervals (regular M2).
- Upper rotator with precise positive stops of 7.5/5/4/3.75/3/2.5/2/1.5 intervals in Giga model (Patented and patent pending design).
- Upper rotator can be engaged and changed on the fly by simply switching 1 or 2 levers in Giga model.
- Upper and lower rotators with indicators for starting and ending positions, ideal for making mosaics with a large number of images. Photographers can first compose the mosaic, then set the starting and ending positions horizontally and vertically. The indicators will make sure no images are missed and no excessive images are taken.
- With RD8-II (precise click stops at 30, 15, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2.5, 2) to support up to 700mm equivalent focal length with camera in landscape orientation, or 550mm equivalent in portrait orientation.
- Precision CNC machined from aircraft aluminum and hard anodized, meaning high precision, accuracy, durability and long lifetime.
- M2 Giga Plate
- QRC-65 (Lower Rotator Quick Release Clamp)* Jaw length: 65mm (F8325)
- MFR-210 Double Dovetail (Lower Rail) Length: 210mm (F8150)
- M2 Upper Compression Lock Rotator
- MFVR-170C Double Dovetail Vertical Rail with Integral QR Clamp (Vertical Rail) (F8152)
- QRC-65 (Upper Rotator Quick Release Clamp) * Jaw length: 65mm (F8325)
- MFR-210 Double Dovetail (Upper Rail) Length: 210mm (F8150)
- QRC-40A (Upper Rail End Clamp) Jaw length: 40mm (F2100)
- Case (F8117)
- RD8-II (F1180) to support: (30, 15, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2.5, 2)
- M1 Nadir Adapter (F8301)
- M1L M2 Series Vertical Extender (F8310)
- Stop Plate Arca-Swiss Style 2ea (F2106)
- Camera Plate
Note: M2 Giga with RD8II without camera plate weights 1.88kg.